Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Cambodian Kampot Pepper and Lemongrass Infusion






I bought this tin of 'tea' when I was in Cambodia last December.  This is a blend of crushed Kampot pepper seeds with dried lemon grass strips.  This tin held 30 grams of 'tea' and came nicely packed in a fancy looking aluminium tin. This packing is suitable for tourists and this product should do well as a Cambodian souvenir.  

The instructions say to add 2g into a cup and adding hot water would get me a cup of Kampot pepper tea.  Kampot pepper is a famous pepper grown in the Kampot province in Cambodia.  I enjoy cooking and I found this Kampot pepper to be one of the spiciest pepper I had came across.  It is hot and aromatic and would make a nice addition to your spice rack.

I brewed up a cup with 2g of this 'tea' and found the tea pleasant.  The pepper pods and lemongrass float to the surface and I suggest you spoon these away before you start drinking.  I added honey in my second session and my family preferred this sweetened version.  

A fun drink.  

No comments: