Sunday, June 3, 2018

2008 Haiwan 8808











This is my earliest pu erh purchase from my China trips. I had purchased this tea during my 1st trip to Kunming back in 2009.  I met a few Kunming tea dealers there including Scott Wilson of Yunnan Sourcing.   

This 2008 Haiwan 8808 cake was produced by Haiwan tea factory for the Kunming tea markets.  I wanted to bring back some tea home and I managed to lugged a few tongs of pu erh tea which included these 8808 cakes.

Last week, I decided to open a tong to check on my storage of this tea.  I had stored in an empty bedroom and and left it for more than 9 years.  Cake is clean and dry and compression of the cake is high that I need a pu erh pick to open up the tea cake.

This tea is woody and herbal.  The 'woodiness' seem to remind me of old antique furniture.   Good workhorse brewing up 10 strong infusions easily.  I am happy the tea is smooth and clean.  Pix of tea in cup in the 4th infusion (8g in a 130ml teapot).

No comments: