Friday, October 11, 2024

Bai Mu Dan White Tea - Fukien Tea Shop

 









I was in Hong Kong in 2008 sampling tea at Fukien Tea Shop, when the owner Mr Yeo asked me whether I wanted some white tea.  He said he had ordered some new Bai Mu Dan and found them to be quite good.  I purchased 500g and requested that the tea be packed into 4 smaller packets. Upon reaching home, I stored them in empty tea tins and only trying this tea today. 

This white tea was very aromatic even when I was unwrapping the wrapper. It was like a light perfume with nice floral notes. I used about 5g of tea in a 180ml teapot and I could get more than 6 good infusions. Lightly sweet in the aftertaste. I could enjoy the tea hot and even when it had cooled down. I think it will make a cold tea as well. 

Though this white tea tasted very light and delicate, I hesitate to drink this tea in the evening as my last experience drinking white tea kept me awake way past midnight.  An enjoyable tea and I am happy to have it in one of my tea caddies.  

No comments: