Sunday, January 23, 2022

Tinned Wuyi Shuixian - Butterfly Brand





 

It was about 7 years ago where there was a shortage of the Sea Dyke yellow tinned shui hsien oolong.  It was either (I cannot recall) a shipment delay issue or a production disruption.  This shortage caused many local oolong tea drinkers some consternation and many of them had to go hunting for the tinned tea in either Chinese grocery shops or Chinese medical halls. 

I was recommended at a teashop, during that time of shortage, to try out Butterfly brand of Wuyi Shuixian. A slightly cheaper alternative....and I ended up with a couple of tins. 

I had kept this butterfly tin for a few years before I opened it recently.  This tea is produced under the auspices of Zhong Cha tea company.  There is good aromatic notes to the tea. Taste and aroma is very good for a tinned Shui Hsien. I found the tea comparable to the Sea Dyke's version. This tea can brew up to 5 good infusions and the mouthfeel is good. The aroma does stay in the mouth for about a minute after you had a cup of this tea.  Roast levels are traditionally high roast, just the way I like it. 

I would recommend this tea to any Shui Hsien tea drinker and I will look out to buy a few Butterfly tins in my next tea shopping day. 

No comments: