Tuesday, March 8, 2022

A Tea Set For A Road Trip





 


I am sure for many tea drinkers, you had wished you had a tea set with you when are out of the house for a few hours or a few days.......  something like a short stay with friends or relatives, an urgent business trip or a weekend getaway.  Yes, a teapot or gaiwan and a few cups are all we need to brew a tea but I am sure that a little extra or fancy stuff like a tea tray or fairness cup can make the tea session a little more enjoyable.

I had initially bought this 'portable' tea set as a gift to a new Chinese tea buddy who is starting his Chinese tea adventures.  However, he had excitedly told me, even before I wanted to present him this set, that he had went out and got a tea set himself.  I am now 'stuck' with this set. However. I am quite happy with this purchase.  

This set is inexpensive.  It comes with a 'rubber like' case with strap (23cm square).  Inside you get a gorgeous tea tray (20cm square); bamboo top on plastic. a glass fairness cup (230ml), a porcelain gaiwan (160ml), 6 porcelain teacups (50ml), a porcelain filter and holder, a pair of bamboo tongs and a tea towel.  Quality and finish is good.  Cost - $20.  

My thoughts - cheap and good. Practical and useful. I might keep it for myself. 


No comments: