Saturday, June 1, 2024

2011 Haiwan Zi Yun Raw Pu erh















When I sampled this tea more than 10 years ago, I liked it so much that I purchased a carton of this tea and followed up with another carton one year later.  

This is the 2011 Haiwan Ziyun raw pu erh brick.  I had also found out that this was a special order by a Guangzhou tea dealer.  This 250g tea brick came packed in a presentation cardboard box. This tea was made from the purple varietal leaves of the pu erh tree and blended with pu erh from the Yiwu region. 

I do not recommend this tea to a new pu erh drinker. There is hardly any sweetness from this tea.   This tea is strong.  Bitter notes dominate this tea with a very complex woody, herbal and floral profile in the tea. I enjoyed the salivating sensation after drinking a cup.   A nice warm kick emerged after a session of this tea.  I like.  

No comments: